[Sample – for a local Tres Dias community]
Constitution and By-Laws
__________Tres Dias [of] ___________
1. Name and Address: The official name of the community (organization) shall be __________ Tres Dias [(or) Tres Dias of ____________]. The official mailing address shall be ____________________.
2. Purpose and Statement of Belief: The purpose of the organization is to glorify God through Jesus Christ by developing Christian leaders who will Christianize the environments in which they find themselves. The organization will use the Tres Dias method of the group reunion to sustain leaders in their environments.
1. We believe and profess our faith in one Triune God - The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).
2. We believe and profess that Jesus Christ is the only Savior and is God in the flesh (John 1:1, 1:14, 3:36, 14: & Heb. 2:17).
3. We believe and profess that The Holy Spirit is God and is The Lord and Giver of life, who continues to work in believers today to sanctify, edify and empower the whole Christian church on earth - - - for His purpose (Job 33:4, Acts 1:8, John 14:26 & Rom. 8:11).
4. We believe and profess that the Holy Scriptures are the inspired and completely true Word of God (II Tim. 3:16-17).
5. We believe and profess that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; that forgiveness of sins is received through confession and repentance - - and that our sins are washed away through the blood of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38, I John 1:9 & Rom. 3:23).
6. We believe and profess that salvation is a gift of God's grace received through personal faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8).
7. We believe and profess that the Body of Christ is to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of The Son of God (Eph. 4:3, 13).
8. We believe and profess that God's unconditional love, as made manifest to us through Jesus Christ, is the primary witness by which people are renewed, edified and changed (I Cor. 13:8).
9. We believe and profess that God has called us to live holy lives that will bring glory to His name (Col. 3:1-25).
Note: For purposes of standards and principles, Tres Dias ascribes to those stated in the "Authorized King James Version" of the Bible of 1611 (KJV).
3. Membership: The membership of the organization shall consist of anyone who has completed the Tres Dias three day experience. Members shall also be known as Pescadores.
4.1. Purpose: The purpose of the Secretariat is to serve as the Board of Directors of the community and to serve, guide and foster growth of the community by:
4.1.1. Being aware of the needs of the members as they Christianize their environments.
4.1.2. Establishing policy or taking other action to meet these needs and to encourage the members.
4.1.3. Following “The Essentials of Tres Dias.”
4.1.4. Communicating policies and actions of the Secretariat to all members of the community.
4.1.5. Approving the planning, scheduling, and carrying out of programs in the Tres Dias community (pre-weekend, weekend, post-weekend phases)
4.1.6. Exchanging support with others Tres Dias communities.
4.1.7. Informing and promoting dialogue with Christian organizations.
4.2. Membership: The membership of the Secretariat shall consist of:
4.2.1. General Members: (number unspecified) who, in response to an open invitation to all Pescadores, will serve as non-voting members.
4.2.2. Voting Members:
184.108.40.206. Initial Qualifications: The qualifications for initially becoming a voting member are:
220.127.116.11.1. To have been a Pescador for at least six (6) months;
18.104.22.168.2. To have attended three (3) out of four (4) consecutive meetings;
22.214.171.124.3. To be regularly involved in Secuela and/or group reunion;
126.96.36.199.4. To be willing to attend Secretariat meetings and to participate on committees;
188.8.131.52.5. Then, upon request to Secretariat, will be accepted as a voting member and may vote in a fourth or subsequent meeting.
184.108.40.206. Continuing Qualification: Once a member has requested voting member status, he/she shall have voting status through the following July. In July of each year, members who have attended 50% or more of the regularly scheduled Secretariat meetings for which they had voting status during the past year, are extended as voting members through July of the following year. Voting members who attended less than 50% of these meetings will be notified that they will not have voting member status starting in August.
220.127.116.11. Reinstatement: A member who previously had voting status may reinstate himself to voting membership by attending two (2) out of three (3) consecutive meetings. Then, upon request to the Secretariat, he will be accepted into voting member status and may vote in any third or subsequent meeting through the next June.
18.104.22.168. Those appointed as Rectors of Tres Dias weekends are expected to attend Secretariat meetings for a time period as necessary to review potential team members with the Secretariat, observe the policies of the Secretariat for the duration of team meetings and report following the Tres Dias weekend.
22.214.171.124. Since membership on the Secretariat is voluntary, there is no fixed expiration date for one’s membership.
126.96.36.199. For purposes of determining Quorum and Voting the Secretary shall maintain a list of current Secretariat voting membership.
188.8.131.52. A name may be removed from the membership list; at the request of the individual.
4.3. Operating Year:
4.3.1. The operating year will begin on August 1 and conclude on July 31.
4.3.2. Selection of officers;
184.108.40.206. In April of every 2nd year, the President of the Secretariat shall appoint a nominating committee to serve for a two year period.
220.127.116.11. In May of every 2nd year, the Nominating Committee will present a slate of officers, at which time nomination may be made from the floor.
18.104.22.168. In June of every 2nd year, the Secretariat membership will elect a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
22.214.171.124. The officers two year term shall begin on August 1st.
126.96.36.199. Officers shall not succeed themselves; however, the Secretary and the Treasurer may serve two consecutive terms.
188.8.131.52. The nominating committee shall be responsible to provide nominees to the Secretariat to fill vacancies and additional nominations can be made from the floor.
4.4. Officers and Duties
4.4.1. President - The President shall be a former rector of [________________] Tres Dias. The President shall call and chair meetings, and serve as the official representative of this body for a two year period.
4.4.2. Vice President - The Vice President shall be a former rector of [_________________] Tres Dias. The Vice President shall chair meetings in the absence of the President and shall perform duties assigned to him/her by the President or Secretariat.
4.4.3. Secretary - The secretary shall take minutes of the business meeting and maintain lists of attendance and voting membership.
4.4.4. Treasurer - The treasurer shall receive and disburse the funds of this organization. The treasurer shall also present a monthly statement and an annual report for review of the Secretariat.
Committees shall serve to increase the effectiveness of the Secretariat, and shall report directly to the Secretariat. Any Pescador may serve on these committees, with the exception that the President and Vice President of Secretariat may not serve on a standing committee while in office. The committee chairperson shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the secretariat. The chairperson shall choose the membership of his/her committee and should strive for diverse representation. Chairpersons shall serve for a two year term concurrent with the officer’s term. Chairpersons may be reappointed.
4.5.1. Permanent Committees:
184.108.40.206. Pre-Weekend Committee - shall be responsible for establishing the criteria for accepting candidates, preparing application forms, reviewing, accepting and notifying candidates, and planning on-going programs for candidate orientation.
220.127.116.11. Weekend Committee - shall be responsible for the approval of proposed team members, and assisting the rectors to understand and carry out the method of the Tres Dias weekend. Members will be former Rectors of [___________________] Tres Dias.
18.104.22.168. .Post-Weekend Committee - shall be responsible for on-going programs to provide for the continual spiritual growth of Pescadores.
22.214.171.124. Communications Committee - shall be responsible for :
126.96.36.199.1. Preparation, printing and distribution of the newsletter. Articles dealing with policy are to be reviewed by the Secretariat.
188.8.131.52.2. Obtaining and distribution of Tres Dias literature, as appropriate.
184.108.40.206.3. Maintaining and arranging for mailing labels as required.
220.127.116.11. Food Committee - shall be responsible for menus, food purchases, food preparation, training of cooks, and maintaining inventory of needed supplies for food preparation, handling, and storage.
4.5.2. “Ad Hoc” Committees may be appointed for specific purposes as the need arises.
4.5.3 Qualifications for Community Leadership (this includes, but is not limited to, team members, elected and other local secretariat officers, and members of standing and special committees of the local secretariat)
Any person serving in a Community Leadership position must be living a life that is not in a state of rebellion against God. A state of rebellion against God can best be described as an unrepentant, open and active participation in or advocacy of activities contrary to the commands (for example, The Ten Commandments) and guidelines in Scripture* for holy living and Christian leadership. Some examples (although not limited to these areas) are:
1. dependence upon alcohol or illegal drugs;
2. involvement in illegal activities whereby such involvement knowingly violates federal, state or local laws, statutes or ordinances;
3. involvement in lustful, immoral or perverted activities such as, but not limited to, pornography and/or any sexual relationship outside of a lawful marriage between a man and a woman;
4. involvement in the occult or Satanic worship;
5. openly professed allegiance to any non-Christian religion or organization which denies the deity of Jesus Christ.
* NOTE: For purposes of standards and principles, Tres Dias ascribes to those stated in the “Authorized King James Version” of the Bible of 1611 (KJV).
4.6.1. The Secretariat shall ordinarily meet once a month.
4.6.2. A day long meeting of Secretariat to concentrate on prayer and community building may take place around April or May.
4.7. Voting and Conducting Business
4.7.1. Normal and Routine Business, which includes normal and routine expenses for conducting weekends and up to $500.00 for non-budgeted and unusual expenses, will be decided by a simple majority of voting members in attendance at any meeting. Non-budgeted amounts over $500.00 will be treated as “change of policy decisions” (next item).
4.7.2. Change of Policy Decisions - All voting members of Secretariat will be notified by mail within 20 days after a meeting where a policy decision has been moved and seconded. Having been notified of the next meeting and content of the issue, 50% of voting members in attendance at the next meeting of Secretariat will decide the issue.
4.7.3. Constitution and By Laws Changes - All voting members of the Secretariat will be given 20 days written notice by mail after a Constitution and By Law change has been moved and seconded. The Constitution and By Law change will be brought up at the next meeting of Secretariat and the issue will be decided by a two-thirds vote of the voting members present.
In the event the organization dissolves or terminates, after paying any outstanding liabilities, all remaining assets will be distributed exclusively for one or more of the purposes set forth in section ______________ of the _______________ State Sales and use Tax law.
[Note to persons preparing a Constitution and By-Laws: You will add above the legal dissolution clause that is appropriate for your locality and country.]