Aftercare for Pescadores on their 4th Day
By Jeb Harper
Be sure you know your flocks, give careful attention to your herds. Proverbs 27:13
The better you know your candidate, the easier it will be to provide opportunities for them to stay engaged after the weekend.There are two kinds of opportunities: Tres Dias opportunities and personal opportunities.
Tres Dias Opportunities:
- The first opportunity is at the closura: Invite special people from the community.This builds support.
- Reunion groups are critical! Identify any obstacles (gas money, distance, etc.) and solve them. Consider helping start a new group.
- Secuelas, send-offs, and serenades/mananitas–these events keep them involved. Encourage them to serve on the next team. Offer to serve with them.
- I like to call the next day after the weekend–regular contact in the first weeks is very important. Visit their church. Fellowship one-on-one.
- Bonfires, cookouts, etc.
- Invite them to Christian concerts, special events, Bible studies
- Seek unique ways to show them the love of Christ.
Sponsorship is serious business. Be persistent. The payback comes when acquaintances turn into life-long friends and followers of Christ.